The Shenandoah Room accepts gifts of materials that fall within the scope of this collection development policy.
(The only exception would be rare books, etc, that are given with the specific agreement that they are to be sold to benefit the Shenandoah Room. All other gifts of materials should go to the County Library.)
The Shenandoah County Library Archives offers to provide a secure home for Family Trees, Family Bibles, Birth, Baptism and Marriage Certificates, and early ledgers for churches, schools, shops, hotels, physicians, and stores.
We are actively looking for the following:
- yearbooks from County schools to build a complete collection
- birth, marriage & death records from family Bibles that we can copy
- help in identifying the Morrison collection of photographs
- endowment and operating funds
- funding to process and preserve the Klaus Wust Collection